Manager, Human Resources Compliance
Marriott International HQ
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience working in human resources data analytics
- Optional but highly preferred expeience includes:
- Previous work on the development of Affirmative Action Plans and defending audits before the OFCCP
- Internal or external consulting
- Planning and coordinating projects
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The HR Compliance team is responsible for overseeing the Company policies and procedures related to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action (AA), and Employment Verification. We like to describe ourselves as consultants to the business that help mitigate risk and maintain Marriott International’s commitment to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of employment.
Your colleagues will include other HR Compliance experts at various points in their careers, but whose backgrounds include former AAP and OFCCP consultants, attorneys who have transitioned from traditional legal practice and into Corporate HR roles, and individuals with property Human Resources experience at various sized hotels within the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area..
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a project oriented role in which you will use your consulting, data, and advising skills on implementing, at both the property and corporate level, the Company’s Affirmative Action Programs and prepare and defend OFCCP desk audit submissions. You will make an impact by ensuring that Marriott’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is maintained. You will prepare the data and analysis for projects related to veteran hiring, federal and state employment surveys, and ongoing compliance reporting. You will also collaborate with various internal stakeholders on identifying internal and external partnerships for the Company to engage in, which will facilitate our outreach to various groups in the communities where we do business
- You can expect to work on multiple projects at once - you’ll play a primary role in flawlessly managing the deployment of strategies and solutions to maintain our Affirmative Action and OFCCP compliance program.
- For each project where you play a primary role, responsibilities will include thorough and accurate data analysis and review, requiring you to immerse yourself in understanding Marriott’s policies and procedures around our recruiting and hiring process.
- You’ll be expected to understand the development and implementation of various human resources policies, which drive our business and ensure a compliant workforce.
- You will work to ensure that compliance is always a part of the conversation, and will be a subject matter expert on various HR compliance topics.
- You will effectively partner with internal and external stakeholders on ensuring that compliance is always a part of the conversation and HR business decisions.
- You will be expected to strike a balance between independence in driving your projects or assigned work-streams for projects you’re supporting, and collaborating with key stakeholders, partners and teammates. You’ll receive guidance and support from the team’s Director, to whom you’ll report, as well as other project owners.
YOU’RE WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR IF:
- You love data. You must love data. We believe that “the data always tells a story.” We can only understand this story if each of our team members can roll up their sleeves and take a deep dive into the stories behind the numbers.
- You’re curious & inquisitive. You’re a life-long learner and actively seek out exposure to new ideas and practices. Professionally, this means you’re current with Affirmative Action and OFCCP regulations, trends and practices. You also stay up-to-date on other important topics, trends, and best practices in HR Compliance.
- You’re consultative. You ask smart questions, you are comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization and do so in a manner that gains confidence and trust.
- You’re analytical. You can dig into new problems, quickly assess situations, identify gaps and possible solutions. You are well versed in Excel and love spreadsheets.
- You’re a team player. You understand that we all have different strengths and as a result, we’re stronger as a collaborative team. You support your teammates in big and small ways and do your part to create a positive team environment because after all, we spend so much time together and it might as well be fun.
- You’re a great communicator. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can do so with clarity, poise and persuasion.
- You’re organized, methodical and can prioritize. You can manage multiple work activities concurrently, you prioritize work tasks in accordance with goals and you make effective use of time.
- Your glass is half full. You maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor at all times, even if ideas or recommendations are met with resistance.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Availability of Relocation Expenses: