HR Intern (CWA and ELS)
DCI Consulting Group, Inc.
Washington, D.C. or Remote
Required Technical Skills:
Required General Skills:
- Enrolled in a graduate program in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Statistics, Human Resources, Business Management, or related field, graduating with degree prior to June 2022.
- Ability to conduct statistical analyses using SPSS, SAS, Excel, or R and communicate results to others.
- Conceptual understanding of statistical methods (e.g., multiple regression analysis, correlation, t-test, standard deviation, Fisher’s Exact Test, etc.).
- Ability to interpret and communicate statistical results
- Basic computer skills proficiency required in MS Suite (e.g., Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, 365, Teams).
- Ability to gather, synthesize, and act on information to solve issues using effective critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment requiring client engagement.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment as a member of a team and with significant autonomy, self-discipline, and organization skills.
- Knowledge of related federal EEO laws including EO 11246, Title VII, ADA, UGESP, EPA etc.
- Familiarity or working knowledge with data visualization and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
- Familiarity or working knowledge of HRIS and Applicant Tracking System data files.
About Our Internship Program: (Position Location: Washington, DC or Remote)
DCI is excited to offer internships to current graduate students in pursuit of developmental opportunities that support our mission of building a better world by helping organizations become more diverse, equitable, and inclusive! We are looking for HR interns to join our external consulting divisions (Compliance & Workforce Analytics (CWA) and Employment and Litigation Support (ELS)) or our internal Human Resources (HR) Division! Work responsibilities and knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) requirements will vary depending on the division the intern will support.
Interns within our CWA and ELS Divisions:
DCI team members within our CWA Division partner with our clients to provide full-service OFCCP audit support and strategy, develop Affirmative Action Plans (AAP), conduct pay equity analyses, develop DEI strategies, and incorporate the use of workforce analytics to resolve workplace challenges. DCI team members within our ELS Division partner with our clients to design state of the science employee selection systems, evaluate workforce systems and processes, and ensure applied research is considered in the context of applicable state, federal, and international laws and regulations.
You are an ideal HR Intern candidate for one of our external consulting divisions (CWA or ELS) if you are passionate about working in an environment that supports DEI and employment law initiatives, solves critical workplace challenges leveraging data, and provides career growth opportunities. You understand employment law, Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures, statistics, data analysis, employee testing and selection, and other related consulting services. You are motivated, have strong attention to detail to provide quality services and products, and can communicate in a manner that demonstrates professionalism and expertise. You can manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing tasks appropriately to meet deadlines.
DCI Consulting Group is proud of our commitment as an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Our employee culture reflects ethical empowerment, pride, inclusion, and collaboration which showcases the diversity of thought we provide to the clients we serve. We are dedicated to an exceptional employee experience and provide career opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender, age, political affiliation, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Prepare federal Affirmative Action Plans.
- Provide support with preparing and filing federally mandated employee data reports.
- Provide support with client DEI strategies and analytics.
- Prepare data for analyses (e.g., clean, organize, etc.,).
- Assist with client management.
- Conduct research/literature reviews.
- Conduct statistical analyses.
- Provide administrative support.
DCI Consulting Group is a Human Resources (HR) Risk Management company. Our company was built on the principle that “what gets measured, gets done.” Our clients understand the critical importance of using data-driven analytics, principles of human science, software solutions, and actionable strategies to build more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces. The transformational outcomes help them to maximize workplace successes and relationships, ultimately resulting in their employees reaching their full potential without any obstacles to success.
DCI’s clients represent a cross-section of private sector, federal agency, federal contractor, public sector, and national law firms.
Top Client Initiatives DCI Supports:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) services, compliance, legal defensibility, and in-depth consulting in the areas of affirmative action, employee selection and test validation, pay equity analyses, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) audit and litigation support, and regulatory affairs.
Availability of Relocation Expenses: