Data Quality Analyst
Human Services Research Institute
- BA/BS in a business, public health, economics, or social science discipline with a minimum of 2 to 4 years' experience.
- Experience analyzing commercial, Medicare and/or Medicaid medical, dental, and/or behavioral health claims
- Intermediate SQL
- Basic experience creating data visualizations in Tableau or other similar software
- Attention to detail and strong commitment to high-quality work
- Analytical with strong problem-solving focus and ability to convey issues and solutions both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to execute complex analytic tasks and convey technical issues/problems succinctly and efficiently to the rest of the team
- Ability to work across projects with multiple timelines and clarify ambiguities as they arise
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Masters in a business, public health, economics, or social science discipline with an emphasis in public health or statistics and at least one year of professional experience in quantitative research
- Intermediate experience creating data visualizations in Tableau
- Advanced SQL experience
- Basic to Intermediate SAS, SPSS, R or Stata or Python
Do you want to help promote transparency and clearer choices in health care? Come work on a research and consulting team that’s making it happen! We’re looking for someone with a passion for data who wants to be part of an innovative, expanding team within our organization.
Who We Are:
The Human Services Research Institute (HSRI) is a nonprofit organization that conducts research and evaluation to improve health and human service systems. We work at the local, state and federal level. We help develop measures, data collection instruments and protocols, advanced analytics, and data visualization strategies. Our goal is to help public agencies understand and demonstrate the real-world impact of the services they provide, helping them transform their policies and practice to produce meaningful outcomes.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage minority candidates to apply. Our office is accessible by public transportation.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re seeking a full-time Data Quality Analyst to join our data management and quality assurance team, part of our larger Population Health research team. You’d be responsible for the review of data for outliers and inconsistencies, assist in creating dynamic data visualizations and reports to improve the quality of incoming data, and contextualize information and health care claims standards through literature searches and reference to industry standards. Interest in the health care and public health field and working with insurance claims data is essential.
We’re looking for an individual who enjoys working as part of a team. The ideal candidate is someone who communicates well both in person and in writing; manages work across projects with multiple timelines; develops and maintains positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, and funders; and listens and contributes to a sharing of diverse perspectives.
- Conducts routine and ad hoc data quality and assurance checks for reports and dashboards
- Manages documentation on data quality checks and procedures in accordance with internal standards and guidelines
- Creates new processes and procedures for identifying and tracking data quality issues
- Designs, implements, and maintains data quality visualizations: scorecards, dashboards, reports
- Conveys complex technical issues/problems to programmers in a clear/concise manner in order to facilitate solutions as well as to business stakeholders in order to improve the quality of incoming data
- Prepares and presents summary data quality reports and presentations
- Assists in the management and communication of quality issues to internal and external stakeholders
- Engages and presents information to clients and stakeholders
HSRI assists public managers to develop policies and infrastructure that are sustainable and that support person-centered practices and inclusive and supportive communities. To support these aspirations, we employ innovative technology, evidence-based practices, and data driven strategies in our work.
Availability of Relocation Expenses: