Associate Principal Consultant
DCI Consulting Group
Job level is dependent upon expertise. In general, the ideal candidate would have a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and the following:
- 6-9 years (if Ph.D.) or 9-12 years (if M.A.) of research or consulting experience
- Experience leading applied research projects
- Experience with people management
- Familiarity with a variety of statistical concepts, including statistical significance tests for categorical and continuous data, multiple linear regression analysis, logistic regression analysis, etc.
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Experience conducting literature searches and writing in technical style
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A willingness to work under multiple deadlines
- After the current pandemic, willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
DCI is seeking an Associate Principal Consultant with expertise in job analysis, employee selection, and validation research, to join the Employment and Litigation Services (ELS) team. The ELS team is staffed by I/O Psychologists and Labor Economists and organized by the practice areas of assessment and selection, EEO analytics, and litigation support. Staff work on a portfolio of proactive research, OFCCP audits, EEOC matters, and private litigation. This specific position will focus on the assessment and selection expertise areas described above.
- Managing projects and staff related to job analysis research,
- Designing and implementing job analysis methodologies (job observation, interviews, focus groups, job analysis surveys),
- Documenting job analysis research in technical reports that meet professional standards,
- Supporting project logistics as necessary,
- Conducting literature reviews,
- Conducting 3rd party reviews of a wide variety of technical materials,
- Designing, managing and conducting content-oriented, concurrent and predictive criterion, and transportability validation studies,
- Preparing “Uniform Guidelines Style” written validation reports that summarize research findings,
- Presenting results to the client and other stakeholders, including lawyers and federal agency staff and (if applicable) in the context of litigation support.
DCI Consulting Group (www.dciconsult.com
) is a Human Resources (HR) Risk Management consulting and software development firm located in downtown Washington, D.C. DCI staff provide consulting services to Fortune 500 companies in the areas of EEO, compliance, legal defensibility, and provide in-depth consulting in the areas of affirmative action development and implementation, employee selection and test validation, systemic compensation discrimination analyses, OFCCP audit and litigation support, and regulatory affairs. DCI’s clients represent a cross-section of private sector, federal agency and public sector clients. Private sector clients represent a wide range of industries, including aerospace and defense, financial services, pharmaceuticals, high technology, retail, and manufacturing. DCI staff also work directly with a number of national law firms to provide related consulting and litigation support services.
Availability of Relocation Expenses: