Affirmative Action/OFCCP Compliance Associate
Ogletree Deakins Law Firm
- Juris Doctor – Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the state of employment. During employment, must meet requirements for continuing licensure for law practice
- Candidates must possess 2-5 years of labor and employment litigation experience.
- Prior experience with preparing affirmative action programs and/or assisting with compliance reviews by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) a plus
- Strong academic credentials are required. Statistics background a plus.
- Candidate should have a proven record of attention to detail and be technology oriented.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills are required.
- Proven ability to work on a team where co-workers may be located in different offices.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Must be licensed to practice in Alabama.
Our Birmingham, AL office has an opportunity for an experienced litigation associate to join the firm’s expanding affirmative action and OFCCP compliance practice and assume a major role assisting clients with regulatory, compliance, and administrative enforcement issues. This position would be an excellent opportunity for an attorney interested in transitioning out of litigation. Our firm can provide multiple writing, publishing and speaking opportunities.
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 850 lawyers located in 53 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a “Law Firm of the Year” for eight consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”. In 2019, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Employment Law category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
Availability of Relocation Expenses: